The East-West Center invites graduate students from around the world to submit abstracts for the 18th International Graduate Student Conference (IGSC) on the Asia Pacific region, taking place in Honolulu, Hawai‘i, USA from February 14 - 16, 2019. This student organized conference provides an opportunity to share interdisciplinary perspectives through presenting and attending panel presentations in a warm and supportive environment.
Important Application Guidelines
- Please read the instructions for each field carefully before entering your information.
- Submittable does not log you out automatically when you exit your browser. Therefore, it is imperative that you sign out from your Submittable account, especially when you are using a public computer.
- Since you will not be able to edit it afterward, make sure to review your application before submitting it. If your application is not ready, you can save it as a draft and submit it at a later time. The saved drafts of your application can be found in your account under My Submissions (or sometimes Submissions).
- If you inevitably need to change something in your application, contact the Student Affiliate program at email@example.com.
For inquiries, please contact the EWC Award Offices at:
Student Affiliate Program
Attention: Award Services
John A. Burns Hall, Room 2066
1601 East-West Road Honolulu, HI
Helps with Submittable for submitters are available here.
All fields with an asterisk (*) are required.
Applications due March 30, 2018!
The East-West Center's Pacific Islands Development Program (PIDP) received a grant from the Professional Fellows Division in the Office of Citizen Exchanges at the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs to conduct the Pacific Islands Tourism Professional Fellows Program in 2018-2019. This program will bring two cohorts of tourism industry professionals from the Pacific Islands to Honolulu, Hawai‘i for intensive six-week programs that build significant new capacity and facilitate enduring professional bonds between industry leaders in the United States and the Pacific Islands.
For more details about the program go here.
- October 8 – November 13, 2018 Activities/Placement in Honolulu, Hawai‘i
- November 14–16, 2018 Professional Fellows Congress in Washington, DC
- Be citizens/nationals/permanent residents of one of the eligible countries
- Be between the ages of 25-40
- Be currently employed in their home country and have a demonstrated history of at least 2 years of employment in the tourism industry
- Be willing and able to obtain a J-1 visa and spend 6-weeks in the United States
- Be committed to returning to their home country after the program
- Have a track record of making an impact in their organziation, company, or community
- Be capable of creating an action-orientated plan to address a specific business problem or policy challenge being faced by the tourism industry in their country
- Have sufficient spoken and written English language proficiency to effectively function in an American workplace.
- Federated States of Micronesia
- Marshall Islands
- Papua New Guinea
- Solomon Islands
- Timor Leste
Your application must be received by midnight March 30, 20178(Hawaii Time).
The Professional Fellows Program strongly encourages people living with disabilities to apply for the program.
If you would like more information or are having trouble filling out the online form contact us by email.
Pacific Islands Development ProgramEast-West CenterHonolulu, HI 96848-1601 USAPhone: +1.808.944.7778 - Fax: +1.808.944.7670
This program is funded by the U.S. Department of State and administered by the East-West Center.
YSEALI Impact XL is an innovative YSEALI Regional Workshop with the mission to empower impact entrepreneurs. This first-ever event held at Inle Lake, Myanmar from May 13-18, 2018 is hosted by the U.S. Embassy Rangoon with support from the U.S. State Department Young Southeast Asian Leaders Initiative and organized by the East-West Center.
- Accelerate "XL-erate" the development of your impact enterprise
- Access different types of impact business models and effective tools
- Utilize mechanisms and approaches for securing investor funding
- Create business partnerships within new networks of ASEAN and U.S. impact entrepreneurs
- Become a more competitive applicant to ASEAN or U.S. accelerators
- Incorporate corporate social responsibility and ethical business practices into your business models
- Exercise adaptive leadership skills
- Understand key aspects of the unique history of Myanmar and the changes in the economy following the recent democratic changes
- Be a YSEALI member. Not a member yet? Join here
- Be a citizen of Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, or Vietnam
- Be between the ages of 20-30
- Have a current impact enterprise (an enterprise with positive social and environmental impact)
- Be available for
- pre-event online engagement (2 hours/week)
- May 13-18, 2018 event in Myanmar
- post-event implementation (1 year, time varies)
- The application deadline has been extended for applicants from Brunei, Laos, and Myanmar.
For more information visit www.yseali-impactxl.org
or visit the Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/ysealiimpactxl/
IMPORTANT APPLICATION GUIDELINES
- Read the instructions for each item carefully before entering your information.
- The application software does not log you out automatically when you exit your browser. Therefore, it is important that you sign out from your application account especially when you are using a public computer.
- Since you will not be able to edit your application after submitting, make sure to review your application before submitting. If your application is not ready, you can save it as a draft and submit it at a later time. The saved drafts of your application can be found in your account under My Submissions (or Submissions).
- If, after submission, you need to change something in your application, contact the YSEALI team at YSEALI@EastWestCenter.org