Important Application Guidelines
- Read the instructions for each item carefully before entering your information. Failing to follow the instructions correctly may result in your application being disqualified for the fellowship.
- Submittable does not log you out automatically when you exit your browser. Therefore, it is important that you sign out from your Submittable account, especially when you are using a public computer.
- Since you will not be able to edit it afterward, make sure to review your application before submitting it. If your application is not ready, you can save it as a draft and submit it at a later time. The saved drafts of your application can be found in your account under My Submissions (or Submissions).
- If, after submission, you need to change something in your application, contact the East-West Center Registrar's Office at email@example.com.
You must submit your scholarship application by 11:30PM (Hawaii Standard Time) on December 1 and should have the following ready to complete your online application:
- A copy of permanent domicile in Okinawa or a certificate of residence for Okinawa to show your eligibility to apply for the Obuchi Student Scholarship
- Proof of UH application submission (Application Acknowledgement receipt) for prospective students applying for admission --- Important Update: If you experience a delay in obtaining proof of your UH application submission, you may instead upload a brief note explaining that you have applied to the university and will email proof of application as soon as it is available. You will not be able to submit this fellowship application without uploading either the proof of UH application submission -or- the explanatory note.
- Curriculum vitae or resume
- Copy of passport biodata page if available
- Name and contact information for each of your three references
- University of Hawai‘i statement of objectives, if available (refer to academic program for instructions);
The interactive EWC GDF application handbook as well as the East-West Center website provide detailed application information and instructions for the Obuchi Student Scholarship.
For inquiries, please contact the East-West Center Registrar's Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include in your message your (1) full name, (2) country of citizenship, and (3) intended degree program.
Access to technical help with using Submittable is available here.
Please contact the East-West Center Registrar's Office if you have special needs and are unable to use the online form.
All fields with an asterisk (*) are required.