Established in 2000, the Asia Pacific Leadership Program brings together people who want to co-create the future as self-reflective, resilient agents. Using experiential, place-based learning with a focus on equity, cohorts of leaders practice leadership strategies in nurturing environments.
For nearly 20 years, we have been cultivating leaders who are motivated and capable of creating positive impact in the Asia Pacific region. Incoming fellows join a network of 605 APLP alumni from 45 countries across the globe.
The APLP Approach:
- Our programs stimulate individual growth and foster self-leadership for emerging and established leaders
- We build on communities’ diversity and abundance by offering strategies that can be adapted to leaders’ own contexts
- We support leaders as they practice implementing prototypes with teams, reflecting on results and refining for impact
For more information, please visit our website and FAQ section. To contact us, please email APLP@EastWestCenter.org
- Bachelor's degree - applicants must have at least a 3-year bachelor's degree or its equivalent from an accredited U.S. College or University or from a recognized institution of higher learning abroad
- At least 5 years of work experience
- A demonstrated commitment to promoting peace and prosperity in the Asia Pacific region through professional work, study, or living experience
- There are no citizenship, age, or ethnicity restrictions
- Leadership track record in professional, public, and/or personal realms
- Willingness to engage fully in experiential leadership development training
- Deep involvement in a specific organization, business or community impact initiative (applicants must explain how, with their home-based teams, they will experiment with the leadership strategies learned in APLP)
- International experience and aptitude, including overseas residence, language skills, intercultural and diversity exposure
- Experience of cohort learning, working collaboratively in small teams or in large groups.
Timing is critical for supplementary scholarships. The earlier an application is completed, the more scholarship funds are available.
- December 16, 2018 - Early Application Deadline
- March 1, 2019 - Final Deadline
LETTERS OF REFERENCE
Instructions with a link to the Letter of Reference form will be sent to your referees upon the submission of your application. Should your referees need help in acquiring the form, please find it HERE and send it to your referee. The program DOES NOT accept Letters of Reference directly from applicants. Two letters of reference are needed to complete your application.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION & INSTRUCTIONS
Create a Submittable account today to see the full application and apply for the 2019 APLP!
Please refer to application guidelines and specific requirements of the program before completing this form.
- Please complete the application in ENGLISH.
- Read the instructions for each item carefully before entering your information.
- Submittable does not log you out automatically when you exit your browser. Therefore, it is important that you sign out from your Submittable account, especially when you are using a public computer.
- Since you will not be able to edit it afterward, make sure to review your application before submitting it. If your application is not ready, you can save it as a draft and submit it at a later time. The saved drafts of your application can be found in your account under My Submissions (or Submissions).
- If after submission you need to change something in your application, contact the APLP staff either through Submittable or at APLP@EastWestCenter.org.